Saturday, March 9, 2013

PTSD Nightmare Cure by VietnamVet1968

PTSD Nightmare Cure by VietnamVet1968

clip from article:
Marijuana is a PTSD nightmare cure. At least in my case, and among a group of people I know who suffer from PTSD nightmares.
I have searched quite a bit, and as far as I can discern, the fact that marijuana can stop PTSD nightmares in their tracks is NOT generally known. This really must be corrected because there are, no doubt, millions of people out there, police, fire, military, and just the general population, who wake up every night from recurring nightmares, and they don’t know that marijuana would stop these traumatic dreams completely.
I have been trying to think of a way to get the word out to the public on the use of marijuana to stop PTSD nightmares, and this looks like a good place to try.
My story: I am a Vietnam veteran who served in Vietnam in 1968/1969. After I had been there almost a year, I was involved in an attack by the Viet Cong on the Marine Combat Base at Phu Bai, South Vietnam. It is not necessary to go into detail, just know that I thought I was about to be killed and went through all the trauma that this kind of thing can do to a person.
I obviously survived, and went on about my business, and then about two or three weeks after the incident, I started reliving this traumatic event every night in horrible nightmares. I didn’t think too much about it at the time. I thought this kind of thing was probably normal for someone who experiences such shocks to the mind. But as time went on, the constant nightmares really became debilitating.
Then, I was introduced to Vietnamese marijuana. And the nightmares quit. I still did not think much about it, thinking the nightmares had probably run their course, and did not connect the stopping of my nightmares with smoking marijuana.
I smoked marijuana steadily for a few years after that, and then decided to quit because I was trying to get a job that required a drug test. After I quit smoking, within just a week maybe two, my PTSD nightmares were back full-blown! It was like they never had stopped. It was really quite disturbing to realize that something inside me was causing me this kind of distress even these many years later.
I still did not connect the marijuana with having anything to do with my nightmares.
[read more at link]

No comments:

Post a Comment