Sunday, February 24, 2013

Petition | High Times Medical Canniabus Cup VIP Tickets No Handicap Information Civil Rights Violation | Change.org

Petition | High Times Medical Canniabus Cup VIP Tickets No Handicap Information Civil Rights Violation | Change.org


clipped from article: 
High Times Magazine has violated my CIVIL RIGHTS, by not having handicap information readily available, before an event.
To:
ACLU
High Times Medical Canniabus Cup, Matt Stang & High Times Can Cup Denver 2013
Us Dept Of Justice, Civil Rights
I have emailed and called Red Rocks and High Times, about getting wheelchair access to Red Rocks for the Medical Cannabis Cup on April 20, 2013.
I have tried to get someone at High Times and Red Rocks, to work with my wife and me so that we can get VIP tickets to no avail.
We always had to call ahead to get information for concerts. We have to make sure they have wheelchair access. I always do this because many times we have been turned away from concerts after purchasing, traveling and do not attend the concert because there is no handicap access. This is why we tried so hard to get this information.
We tried looking everywhere to get information on handicap access and it is not readility available at the High times website, or the place to purchase your tickets. My wife called the New York office of High Times Magazine. She spoke with a secretary who directed her to an answering machine, she left a message about the information we needed but felt like that was not enough. She called back and was connected to Matt Stang, the Senior Advertising Representative at High Times Magazine. She explained our situation and asked Mr. Stang what to do about this matter. Mr. Matt Stang, laughingly, said "You don’t get any special treatment just because you are in a wheelchair, the Endo Center is wheelchair accessible but Red Rocks has never been accessible and you will never get in there." We were both shocked and saddened. She call back and spoke with the secretary and explained how she was treated, the secretary did not seem surprised.
I and emailed and left a message at Red Rocks, they got back to me the next day. They explained in an email that they are wheelchair and handicap accessible, but that I needed to tell Ticket Master when I bought my tickets; I was in need of wheelchair seating for the concert. The only problem with this is that the tickets were not being sold by Ticket Master but through High Times.
So, we were kind of confused, about what to do to getting seating for my wife and I and time was running out on buying these tickets. The next day the VIP tickets were sold out.
We just wanted to be able to purchase tickets to the VIP Denver Cannabis Cup and have Red Rocks and High Times, communicate so that we could be there and have wheelchair seating. How can this be so unorganized? My wife is ill and wants to attend and needs to attend this year, like others because it is a Medical Cannabis Cup. Why do they not provide more information to handicap people about accommodations? It makes me sick and my wife does not feel normal because we can’t order tickets like everyone else, because we don’t know if we will have a seat at Red Rocks. It is really not fair to people and I believe we have laws about this too!! We are just two people; we have met so many people who give up, because they can’t fight anymore. Well we have just started, fighting for the handicap. We would really appreciate your support in signing our petition. In signing this you are helping the rights of all handicap people everywhere.
Always with peace and love, [Please sign petition at link! Thank you much! ]

No comments:

Post a Comment